Recruiting CF Patients
SolAeroMed is now recruiting Cystic Fibrosis patients for a drug study.
Participate in a Phase IIa trial for a novel mucolytic/bronchodilator drug (S-1226).
In 2015, SolAeroMed successfully completed a Phase I study, demonstrating that S-1226 drug is both safe and tolerable in healthy human patients. The two parts of the S-1226 drug, perflubron and CO2, have been shown to have mucolytic and bronchodilatory effects in lungs in both animals, and humans. The drug saw success in treating symptoms in acute asthma patients.
Today there is an exciting opportunity to participate in Phase IIa clinical trial, which will test the effect of S-1226 in Cystic Fibrosis patients. The goal of the study is to determine whether daily use of S-1226 can improve mucous clearance and relieve the airway constriction in CF patients. The study has been approved by Health Canada and SolAeroMed is currently in the process of recruiting CF patients in Calgary between ages 14 and 50.
If you or someone you know suffer from Cystic Fibrosis, signing up for the study is a great opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research that will help thousands of Cystic Fibrosis patients with treating their symptoms.
If you are suffering from mild to moderate Cystic Fibrosis and are between ages 14-50, the ongoing S-1226 drug study may be right for you. Please see below what would make you a suitable participant. For more information on S-1226, click here.
You are eligible to participate in the S-1226 drug study if you:
- Are between 14 and 50 years of age.
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis by at least one of the following: sweat chloride concentration over 60 mosm/L.
- genotype analysis identifying two disease causing mutations.
- Clinically stable: no pulmonary exacerbation of CF for which the patient has been. hospitalized or received intravenous antibiotics for 4 weeks.
- no change in frequency of airway clearance.
- Have access to means of transportation to Foothills Health Campus. and/or Children’s Hospital, Calgary AB CANADA.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are pregnant or of child-bearing age without contraception.
- Are breastfeeding.
- Have a history of anxiety and/or panic disorders.
- Are unable to perform airway clearance test twice a day during the study.
- Are unable to produce acceptable and reproducible pulmonary function studies.
- Had Gross Hemoptysis in the last 4 weeks.
- Had Pneumothorax in the last 4 weeks.
- Has elevated PaCO2 in the last 6 months.
If you are interested in learning more about SolAeroMed’s S-1226 Phase IIa clinical study, please fill out the sign up form below. Grishma Shrestha, the clinical trial coordinator will contact you with more information on the trial, eligibility, and compensation.