Recruiting Cystic Fibrosis and non CF Bronchiectasis Patients
SolAeroMed is recruiting Cystic Fibrosis and non-CF Bronchiectasis patients for a drug study.
Participate in a Phase II trial for a novel mucus clearance and bronchodilator drug (S-1226).
In 2015 SolAeroMed completed a Phase I study demonstrating that S-1226 drug is both safe and tolerable in healthy human patients. The two parts of the S-1226 drug, perflubron and CO2, have been shown to remove mucus and dilate airways.
Today there is an exciting opportunity to participate in a Phase II clinical trial, which will test the effect of S-1226 in Cystic Fibrosis and non CF Bronchiectasis patients. The goal of the study is to determine whether daily use of S-1226 can improve mucus clearance and relieve the airway constriction in CF or non CF Bronchiectasis patients. The study has been approved by Health Canada. SolAeroMed is currently in the process of recruiting CF and non CF Bronchiectasis patients in Calgary over the age of 14.
If you or someone you know suffer from Cystic Fibrosis or non CF Bronchiectasis, signing up for the study is a great opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research that will help thousands of patients treat their disease more effectively.
If you are suffering from mild to moderate Cystic Fibrosis or non CF Bronchiectasis and are over the age of 14, the ongoing S-1226 drug study may be right for you. Please see below what would make you a suitable participant. For more information on our inhaled S-1226 drug click here.
You are eligible to participate in the S-1226 drug study if you:
- Are age 14 or older
- Are a patient of a CF or non CF Bronchiectasis clinic
- Clinically stable with no pulmonary exacerbation or hospitalization or intravenous antibiotics within 4 weeks
- Have access to means of transportation to Foothills Health Campus and/or Children’s Hospital, Calgary AB CANADA.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are pregnant or of child-bearing age without contraception.
- Are breastfeeding.
- Have a history of anxiety and/or panic disorders.
- Are unable to perform airway clearance test twice a day during the study.
- Are unable to produce acceptable and reproducible pulmonary function studies.
- Had Gross Hemoptysis in the last 4 weeks.
- Had Pneumothorax in the last 4 weeks.
- Had elevated PaCO2 in the last 6 months.
Dr. Mark Montgomery, MD, Paediatric Respirology
Official NIH Clinical Trials Page
If you are interested in learning more about SolAeroMed’s S-1226 Phase II clinical study in CF and non CF Bronchiectasis and to discuss the trial eligibility please fill in your details below.