If you are suffering from mild to moderate Cystic Fibrosis and are between ages 14-50, the ongoing S-1226 drug study may be right for you. Please see below what would make you a suitable participant. For more information on S-1226, click here.
You are eligible to participate in the S-1226 drug study if you:
- Are between 14 and 50 years of age.
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis by at least one of the following:
- sweat chloride concentration over 60 mosm/L.
- genotype analysis identifying two disease causing mutations.
- Clinically stable:
- no pulmonary exacerbation of CF for which the patient has been. hospitalized or received intravenous antibiotics for 4 weeks.
- no change in frequency of airway clearance.
- Have access to means of transportation to Foothills Health Campus. and/or Children’s Hospital, Calgary AB CANADA.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are pregnant or of child-bearing age without contraception.
- Are breastfeeding.
- Have a history of anxiety and/or panic disorders.
- Are unable to perform airway clearance test twice a day during the study.
- Are unable to produce acceptable and reproducible pulmonary function studies.
- Had Gross Hemoptysis in the last 4 weeks.
- Had Pneumothorax in the last 4 weeks.
- Has elevated PaCO2 in the last 6 months.